Sun, 23 July|
Yin & Yoga Nidra with Blue Lotus Tea & Oils
Take a deep dive into Yin and Yoga Nidra with this ancient plant ally, a water lily known as the ‘Blue Lotus’, to access deeper states of meditation and connection.
Time & Location
23 July 2023, 5:00 pm – 6:30 pm
Falcon, 7/6 Baroy St, Falcon WA 6210, Australia
About the event
Take a deep dive into Yin and Yoga Nidra with this ancient plant ally, a water lily known as the ‘Blue Lotus’, or the ‘Egyptian Lotus’. A symbol of life and immortality, the blue lotus was believed to provide a spiritual connection into the afterlife and offer communication with the divine via its entheogenic qualities.
Buddha referred to the lotus in his teachings as a powerful metaphor: “As a lotus flower is born in water, grows in water and rises out of water to stand above it unsoiled, so I, born in the world, raised in the world and having overcome the world, live unsoiled by the world.”
Said to enhance lucid dreaming and provide access to deeper meditative states, the Blue Lotus Tea and Oils willallow us to drop in even further to the Yin and Yoga Nidra practice.
Yin yoga is a quiet contemplative practice and works deeply into our body with passive, longer-held poses.
It targets the deepest tissues of the body, our connective tissues – ligaments, joints, bones, the deep fascia networks of the body and the meridians. This is contrast to a Yang yoga practice such as Vinyasa yoga which targets the muscles.
Yoga Nidra is a form of guided meditation also known as “yogic sleep” or “effortless relaxation”. It’s usually practiced lying down with a teacher guiding the session. The practice draws our attention inwards, and we learn to surf between the states of wakefulness and sleep, where our body finds its natural state of equilibrium (homeostasis) – the breath balances and becomes quiet, unconscious and conscious aspects of the mind reveal themselves, and we fall into an innate state of deep, blissful awareness.
The evening will start with a cup of Blue Lotus Tea on arrival and the option to explore Blue Lotus Oils and Tinctures throughout the Yin and Nidra practices.
Please bring a journal, pen, yoga mat, bolster, blanket and any other comforts you desire.7 Benefits of Egyptian Lotus
The lotus plant has been revered through the millennia because of its usefulness as an herbal remedy with multisensory mind, body and spirit benefits.
- Mood. Known to promote feelings of overall wellbeing, and even euphoria, with mild psychoactive effects.
- Stress Relief. Classified as an adaptogen and nervine, to relax the nervous system, ease stress and restore energy levels.
- Beauty. Often used in skincare products for its ability to regulate oils and soothe breakouts.
- Aromatherapy. No surprise that Blue Lotus has a sublime aroma that uplifts the mind and can be found in aromatherapy oils and perfumes.
- Reproductive Wellness. Its aphrodisiac and bioactive qualities support healthy circulation in the reproductive organs for hormonal wellness.
- Spiritual Tonic. Found to help enhance meditation and release tension from the spirit, the plant is a symbol of the transcendent.
- Sleep Aid. Thanks to its bioactives including nuciferine and aporphine, Blue Lotus has a powerful calming effect conducive to sleep.
- Ticket type
Blue Lotus Yin & Nidra
This ticket includes complimentary Blue Lotus Tea and OilsPrice$30.00
+$0.75 service fee+$0.75 service fee